Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Arctic Ice Shrinks to Second Lowest Level on Record

I just read the "Arctic Ice Shrinks to Second Lowest Level on Record" article from the New York Times. I thought that this article would be much longer than it was, especially considering such a concerning, widespread topic. The article was relatively informative but I'm really disappointed about its short length. I think that it would've been really useful if the author included background surrounding climate change and the ways in which the ice melting impacts the ecosystem.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good reflection and comment, but I encourage you to use some of these posts to also dig deeper into understanding who the authors are and how their background and identities shape their perspectives. Perhaps comparing work written by natives of Bhutan and outside observers can be a good way to work on developing a stronger critical perspective, which was a goal of this particular blog exercise.

    ReplyDelete