Monday, September 12, 2016

Dakota Access Pipeline

A small piece written by Nathaneal Johnson summarized the current stage of the Dakota Access Pipeline which was featured in the Briefly section of Grist Magazine. I think that the article summarized the recent loss regarding the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their case against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. In addition to that, Johnson did a good job observing the fact that some of the building itself was put on hold and the idea that there is now a broad discussion surrounding the need to reconsider the way the government acknowledges (or doesn't acknowledge) Native American rights. I would have liked to read a couple more sentences of summary regarding the completely unjust situation as a whole but all in all, I think that Johnson did a good job with the article, especially considering that he specializes in Food Journalism for Grist.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think Grist is a good news source? Do you trust it? If so, why?

    ReplyDelete